Sugar Roasted Almonds
(Menduli u cukru)
1 cup (app. 200g) almonds, unshelled and raw
½ cup (app. 120g) water
1 cup (app. 200g) white sugar
- In a large (preferably non-stick) pan heat the water and sugar. Stir the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add the almonds and stir, keeping the heat on high.
- The mixture will get thicker with time. Stir until all the water is gone and the sugar sticks to the almonds (This process takes app. 10-15 minutes). Do not let the sugar melt too much or it won't stick to the almonds. You can reduce the heat towards the end.
- Don't try them yet, because they are very, very hot! Place the almonds on a wet kitchen board / onto an oven tray lined with baking sheet to cool off.
- Use a knife to separate almonds from each other so that they don't stick together when they are cooled.
(Salata od hobotnice)
1kg octopus (cleaned)
olive oil, salt and pepper
red wine vinegar
- Cook the octopus in a large pot for 1-2 hours (until tender).
- Drain the octopus and slice it.
- Add freshly chopped onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.